Thursday 31 January 2013

Today's Testimony: Healed Of Ovarian Cancer

--

By Sammy Hoffard
A life of decadence and neglect, that was my life. For the first 34 years of my life I didn’t give any thought to what sorts of toxins and pollutants I surrounded myself with – or ate. Then I got a reality check.
I was diagnosed with cancer. Stage four ovarian cancer. Four distinct carcinomas visible without a microscope. And I found a resolve within that I didn’t know I had – a determination to see my children grow up. I signed a waiver with my doctor, which gave me six months to try alternative healing methods, knowing that I was taking a chance that the cancer would advance to the stage that she could no longer help me.
I embarked on a journey that I would have laughed at before my diagnosis.
She told me to start by boosting my immune system. An Internet search repeatedly came up with the word, “fasting”. Was that a joke? How could starving myself cure cancer?
First, I found a reputable website which not only taught members the proper and safe way to fast, it also offered ongoing support, encouragement and a means of having all my questions answered along the way. It also had a great leaning towards Christian spiritual matters, but at the time I paid no attention to that. I began with a five day juice fast, then later did a seven, ten, and a fifteen day fast: becoming more able to handle the detox symptoms, and familiarizing myself with the challenges which come with adopting a whole new system of nutrition. I learned exactly how the body begins to heal itself and how the very building blocks of the human body are actually restored and renewed through proper fasting and changes in lifestyle and outlook. My immune system was super-charging.
It was during my 10 day fast that I began to notice the changes. Skin cleared, small facial lines began to disappear, I felt strong and invigorated, my energy levels were high, and I felt positive and enthusiastic about life in general.
My next biopsy appointment came and the doctor was astounded to report that there was now only one remaining cluster of cancer cells. I was not surprised. Fasting, prayer, love, and learning to relax had done its work.
God willing – I will be here to see my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And if by sharing my experience and my enthusiasm for adopting a healthy, God-conscious lifestyle, I can help one more person to believe and to achieve their own healing then perhaps I will be fulfilling God`s purpose for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment