Thursday 30 May 2013

Today’s Testimony: Lost 20 Pounds Plus Better Health

By Kim L
 
"A highlight was a trip to the doctor. Upon examining my blood pressure, the doctor took a second look at the readings and said, ‘I don't know what you are doing, but whatever it is, keep it up.’ "

I found it difficult, if not impossible, to control my eating as I kept falling into the old bad habits. I had tried but it always felt like I was forcing myself. I started reading a book called Fasting To Freedom, some nutritional points I already knew, but there was things I didn't know that really shocked me into action. I bought a juicer, made fresh juice, and started eating less. I even stopped drinking my five or six coffees a day. To my surprise, it was easier than I thought.

The first thing I noticed was the effect of the caffeine withdrawal. For the first two weeks I was lethargic, wanting to sleep constantly. The second thing I noticed was the weight loss. I was losing half a pound per day. As time went on, I felt better. There were times when I felt incredible surges of energy. Occasionally I felt bad and thought "this can't be doing any good." Luckily, I persevered to reap the benefits.
 
A highlight was a trip to the doctor. Upon examining my blood pressure, the doctor took a second look at the readings and said," I don't know what you are doing, but whatever it is, keep it up."

I am no longer tired by climbing one flight of stairs. Instead, I bounce up them two at a time. In fact I can exercise for 50 minutes on the stair climber. In losing 20 lbs. of excess weight, I now weigh the same as when I was in high school. I have permanently given up drinking coffee. (My wife says I am easier to live with.) I try to make fresh juice daily, and eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.

I don't live the diet perfectly. Once, I had the tremendous urge to eat a pizza. Rather than fighting with myself, I allowed myself to enjoy it without guilt. Surprisingly, I was satisfied with only two pieces. Normally I would have eaten six or more slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment