Thursday 21 February 2013

Today’s Testimony: Dr. Ritamarie tells her story...

by Dr. Ritamarie
 
“…Until one day, when I met an angel of a man at a gas station. He recommended a book introduced to me the concept of detoxification. I did a 28 day water fast and followed up with a raw food diet. The results were astonishing. Symptoms that had been plaguing me for most of my life disappeared as if by magic. I felt phenomenal. My skin was glowing, and my energy was thru the roof…without all the stimulants. The brain fog cleared and and I was able to connect to people more deeply than I'd ever dreamed possible…”

I used to battle with my own body to get out of bed in the morning. It was the greatest effort to get my feet out of the bed. Then I would flop down on my pillow and fall back asleep. I was only 20 years old.

I was fueling myself on caffeine and sugar and burning the candle at both ends. I was plagued by nagging symptoms like sinus congestion, heartburn, headaches and fatigue.
I couldn't have normal relationships with people. It felt like I was talking through a fog. My fuzziness didn't allow me to fully connect with them.

I was desperate for help, but I kept hitting dead ends with the medical system. One drug after another, even surgical procedures …all led me back to the same place. This battle with my body went on for 8 years. "Until I discovered the secrets that would give me back my life..."

One day, while at a particularly frustrating doctor's appointment, I asked the question that would forever change my life. I'd just had a workup to determine the cause of the riveting burning pain I felt every time I ate. He gave me the good news. “You don't have an ulcer.” I breathed a sigh of relief. That was good news. “So what's causing the burning? “ I asked, expecting to get THE answer that would explain how to get rid of the pain. “We don't know, but since the ulcer medication gives you temporary relief, we'll write you another prescription and you can just keep taking it.“

I was crushed. No answers, just a drug to treat a condition that I didn't even have! It made no sense to me. Then I asked the million dollar question. “Could it be my diet?” At the time, I didn't know much about nutrition, yet I knew enough to recognize that my diet was probably not ideal. I lived on Pringles, ice cream, bagels, chips and candy bars. I yo-yo dieted all the time.
 
After my binges would expand my waistline further than I was comfortable with, I'd do a crash diet or a starvation regime until the pounds dropped away and then I'd start again. I'll never forget the answer the doctor gave me on that fateful day. “Of course not. Diet doesn't have anything to do with how you feel.”

Well, I was no nutritional genius back then, but I was smart enough to question what I'd been told, and thus began my quest for the solutions that would give me back my life.
I began to read and experiment. I looked for someone who could help me, guide me, teach me, but back in the 1980's there were not a lot of alternative practitioners.
I was left to find my own way.
I began to experiment with special diets, exercise routines and supplements. I eliminated this food and that, hoping for a solution. After a while, I did start to see some changes. Yet nothing helped for more than a few days at a time. I was lost and confused. It was overwhelming.

Until one day, when I met an angel of a man at a gas station. He recommended a book introduced to me the concept of detoxification. I did a 28 day water fast and followed up with a raw food diet. The results were astonishing. Symptoms that had been plaguing me for most of my life disappeared as if by magic. I felt phenomenal. My skin was glowing, and my energy was thru the roof…without all the stimulants. The brain fog cleared and and I was able to connect to people more deeply than I'd ever dreamed possible.

The doctors never told me there was a REAL SOLUTION to what was happening to my body. I left my career in the computer industry and embarked on an educational path that would last a lifetime. I knew how much benefit I'd received from fasting, yet I also knew that very few people would be able to do exactly what I did. So I had to find a more realistic approach to detoxification that you can do at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment