Monday 10 June 2013

Today’s Amazing Fact: Breadfruit is high in Carbohydrate

Breadfruit, or Artocarpus altilis, is a type of fruit that grows on trees in tropical climates, including select areas of southern India and Central America. This fruit can be cooked or eaten raw, and is sometimes ground into flour. Breadfruit is rich in carbohydrates and provides dietary fiber, minerals and vitamins, so it can be a beneficial addition to your diet. Carbohydrates are your body's primary source of energy, so carbohydrate-rich foods such as breadfruit can be beneficial for athletes and other active individuals.

Breadfruit grows throughout most of the Pacific Islands and in other tropical areas, from Africa to Florida. Named for its resemblance to bread, this starchy fruit is a basic source of carbohydrates for many people living in these warm regions, but breadfruit also provides other important nutrients.

Rich in Carbohydrates
Breadfruit is rich in carbohydrates, as 1 cup provides about 60 g of this nutrient. , which is 20 percent of your recommended daily value of carbohydrates. Of this 60 g, 11 g is dietary fiber ,44 percent of your daily value. Although breadfruit is a great source of carbohydrates and fiber, it is relatively low in protein, with only 2 g per serving.


High in Fiber
One health benefit of breadfruit is that the fruit is rich in fiber. One cup contains 10.8 g of this nutrient. Fiber offers numerous health benefits: it helps promote satiety, aids in digestion and may help reduce your cholesterol levels.

Low Fat Content
Breadfruit is low in fat, as 1 cup contains just .51 g. Due to its low fat content, you might want to include this fruit on a low-fat diet. However, if you deep fry your breadfruit or cook or serve it with sugar and butter, this will considerably increase the fat content.

According to the Produce for Better Health Foundation, there are 230 calories in 1 cup of fresh breadfruit. This serving size contains only 0.5 g of fat, which is 1 percent of your recommended daily value. It has no cholesterol. Breadfruit is a good choice for people trying to limit their intake of fat or cholesterol.

Low Protein Content
Breadfruit is low in protein, as 1 cup contains just 2.35 g. Although protein offers certain health benefits, eating a low-protein diet can be helpful in some cases. Too much protein may put a strain on your liver and kidneys, so if you have liver or kidney problems, breadfruit is a low-protein option to include in your diet.

High Potassium Content
Breadfruit is rich in the mineral potassium, with 1078 mg in a 1-cup serving. Potassium is vital for your health, as it conducts electrical charges in your body that drive muscular contractions in your skeletal and smooth muscles, including your heart.

Vitamins
Breadfruit is packed with vitamin C, providing 110 percent of your recommended daily value of this vitamin in just 1 cup. Although it provides no vitamin A, a serving of fresh breadfruit does give you small amounts of thiamine, niacin and riboflavin.

Minerals
Breadfruit has no sodium, but each 1 cup serving provides 4 percent of your recommended daily value of calcium and 6 percent of iron. Eating breadfruit will also contribute to your daily intake of potassium and magnesium, the National Tropical Botanical Garden's website reports.

Selection and Storage
Pick breadfruit that are bright green, thick and bumpy, with no bruises or other blemishes. You can keep them in your refrigerator for one week. While refrigerated, breadfruit will get darker in color.

References

3 comments:

  1. My Names are Mrs Faith Daniels,,My testimony goes like this I have been been married for six years without a child, I have visited several hospitals and I was told i can't not conceive because i was having fibroid,,I have been treated and even undergoes cloistral operation but still couldn't conceive until One day i came across Dr sambo via his email divinespellhome@gmail.com and i contacted him and told him about my predicament and he said to me that it is finish... I key to his word and i followed him up he prepared me some herbs and send it to my state..I started using the herbs following his prescriptions,,as i was taking the herbs i started noticing some changes in my body,,to cut everything short i missed my period and today i have a set of twins..I can't just keep it to my self i decided to post it here online for everyone to see the work God has done in my life true his son Dr sambo.. God bless Dr sambo and more grace to his work..

    Dr. Sambo E-MAIL: divinespellhome@outlook.com

    Dr. Sambo PHONE: +2348145810121

    Dr. Sambo Whats,App.+2348145810121

    ( Go through his website https://divinespellhome3.wixsite.com/spellhome for more details)
    Indeed, he is a great and a lovely man, God bless him for uniting my family.


    ReplyDelete

  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately this made Reiki not a common thing, but more of a specialty in healing. Reiki should be available to anyone and everyone who wants to use this, and not be determined by your income or location. in n out burger diabetes

    ReplyDelete